Welcome to the Gateway Education Foundation
The mission of the Gateway Education Foundation is to enhance learning and student achievement by promoting community support for excellence in education and to facilitate academic endeavors that will improve the lives of students and teachers and enrich the educational experience.
We accomplish this by:
- Engaging the community in fundraising through the implementation of efforts designed to foster broad community support for public schools
- Supporting district-wide learning initiatives
- Encouraging teacher innovation and excellence
- Responding to emerging educational needs
- Fostering collaborative projects with community partners
Values and Guiding Principles:
The following values and guiding principles provide the fundamental guideposts for the routine operations, decision-making, and future planning of the Gateway Education Foundation. We believe…
- All students, regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, gender or socio-economic status deserve the best education the community can deliver.
- In the transformational power of education for students at all levels of readiness, ability and achievement.
- In educating the whole child, including a focus on physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development.
- That education should be challenging, enriching, inspiring, and fun.
- That diversity of thought, background and experience enriches teaching and provides learning opportunities for all students.
- In community involvement, volunteerism, and investment in public education and that the students of Gateway School District should be universally supported.